This month, we have opened a new student housing complex with 117 living units on campus Wildau. We now operate four housing complexes in Wildau with a total of 448 places. This corresponds to a supply rate of 12%.
Students can choose between three different dorm types with housing costs ranging from 210 to 325 € per month:
- 1-bed apartment with kitchenette and bathroom (325 € per month)
- “2er WG” – a shared flat for two with separate bedrooms (270 € per month)
- a dorm for two with a shared bedroom, shared kitchenette and bathroom (210 € per month)
During the planning and construction of the building we made sure that the new housing complex would fulfil our requirements not only in terms of affordability but also sustainability:
- Heat and energy are generated locally (“Blockheizkraftwerk”) - there is even enough supply for the neighbouring hall of residence!
- It has a photovoltaic system for generating electricity and a green roof as a natural air conditioning system
- Soon, an e-charging station will supply e-cars with electricity.
The new residence hall at Hochschulring 17 was made possible by full funding from the Ministry of Science, Research and Culture of the state of Brandenburg (MWFK).