The Studentenwerk Potsdam is there for students during the Corona Pandemic. On this page, we provide information about financial aid, cosultation hours, and special hygiene measures in our canteens and cafeterias.
- We do not offer personal consultation (BAföG, housing, social counselling, psychosocial counselling, job placement, cash desk) and our headquarters will remain closed to the public until further notice.
- The departments can still be reached by telephone and e-mail. Please send e-mail inquiries to the functional mailboxes. (Housing: wohnen[at]studentenwerk-potsdam.de ; BAföG: bafoeg[at]studentenwerk-potsdam.de ; Catering: verpflegung[at]studentenwerk-potsdam.de ; Service Point: service-point[at]studentenwerk-potsdam.de ;Social counselling: soziales[at]studentenwerk-potsdam.de ; Psychosocial counselling: psb[at]studentenwerk-potsdam.de ; Job placement: jobs[at]studentenwerk-potsdam.de)
- The contributions to the Studentenwerk ("Studentenwerksbeitrag") are a social contribution and have to be paid. Read more
- The Corona bridging aid can be applied for online for the months of June, July, August and September: more information on the bridging aid
- How many applications for bridging aid have been received by the Studentenwerk Potsdam? The evaluation gives an overview.
- The hardship allowances of the Studentenwerke Potsdam and Frankfurt (Oder) have been increased by the state of Brandenburg by 500,000 €. The one-time aid of 300 € is aimed at students in a pandemic-related emergency situations, who have not received bridging aid from the federal emergency aid programme. Find out how to apply for the hardship allowance.
- International students can apply for the a temporary interest-free loan from KfW from 1 June.
- General information about how to finance studies
Canteens and Cafeterias
- Some of our catering facilities are already open, others will reopen soon. More information on the reopening of the canteens and cafeterias
- Our Food Hopper is currently located at Kaiser-Friedrich-Straße 142 and serves fresh food from Monday to Frday between 11.15 am and 13.30 pm.
- Please wear a mouth and nose protection when entering our dining facilities. At present, it is not possible to eat in large groups on site.
- Students entitled to BAföG do not suffer any disadvantages due to the postponement of attendance courses. Further information is available at: https://www.studentenwerk-potsdam.de/en/about-us/news/news-detail/corona-virus-keine-nachteile-fuer-bafoeg-berechtigte-studierende/
- The State Government of Brandenburg is planning changes to the Brandenburg Higher Education Act by the beginning of October. This means that students will be able to extend their individual standard period of study in an unbureaucratic and simple way.For the time being, the obligatory performance certificates (usually after the 4th semester) must still be submitted. If you were not able to continue your studies as planned, please indicate the concrete delays in your studies on the application or in the form for the justification (BAföG representative*r of the university must confirm and countersign the correctness).
- BAföG applications can be submitted online or in paper form. Printed BAföG application forms are available at the Studentenwerk Potsdam's main office, in the hallway in front of the entrance door.
- The residence halls of the Studentenwerk remain open. Rental agreements are also still being signed. The administration and the caretakers can be contacted by phone or e-mail.
- You have applied for a place in a student residence for the winter semester and are now waiting for an offer? Since the dates for enrollment at the universities have partly been postponed and the lecture period sometimes starts later, our offers can also be sent out later. Please be patient a little longer.
- Students who enter the state of Brandenburg and have stayed in a risk area within 14 days before entering the country (see risk areas) must be tested for the coronavirus.
- Further information is available at: https://www.studentenwerk-potsdam.de/en/about-us/news/news-detail/corona-virus-informationen-aus-dem-bereich-wohnen/
Counselling and Job Placement
- Social counselling: Social counselling currently takes place exclusively by telephone or e-mail. Consultation hours: Monday to Friday, from 8 am to 3 pm.
- Psychosocial counselling: Please make an appointment by e-mail for a subsequent telephone consultation. Consultation hours: Tuesday to Friday, from 9 am to 1 pm.
- Job placement: Job offers are still being placed. You can contact us by telephone or e-mail.
More information and links
- Corona-Info-Hotline State of Brandenburg (Monday, Wedsnesday, Friday from 9 am to 5 pm): +49 (0)331-866 5050 or via e-mail: buergeranfragen-corona[at]brandenburg.de
- Those who feel ill (Symptoms: fever, sore throat, cough) or have had contact with the Corona Virus should stay at home and can contact the stand-by duty: 116 117
- Information on the corona virus in 12 different languages, issued by the federal commissioner for integration
- Information of the Ministry of Health in Brandenburg (DE)
- Information of the experts of Robert Koch Institute
Information of the Universities in Potsdam, Brandenburg an der Havel and Wildau