The Studentenwerk Potsdam is there for students during the Corona Pandemic. On this page, we provide information about financial aid, consultation hours, and special hygiene measures in our canteens and cafeterias.
- We do not offer on-site consultation (BAföG, housing, social counselling, psychosocial counselling, job placement, cash desk) and our headquarters will remain closed to the public until further notice.
- The departments can still be reached by telephone and e-mail. Please send e-mail inquiries to the functional mailboxes. (Housing: wohnen[at]studentenwerk-potsdam.de ; BAföG: bafoeg[at]studentenwerk-potsdam.de ; Catering: verpflegung[at]studentenwerk-potsdam.de ; Service Point: service-point[at]studentenwerk-potsdam.de ;Social counselling: soziales[at]studentenwerk-potsdam.de ; Psychosocial counselling: psb[at]studentenwerk-potsdam.de ; Job placement: jobs[at]studentenwerk-potsdam.de)
Student Financing / Financial aids
- The federal government's interim financial aid can be applied for November 2020 until September 2021. The application takes place exclusively on-line over the portal www.überbrückungshilfe-studierende.de. We strongly recommend that you read the FAQs posted on our website in advance.
- (International) students can apply for a temporary interest-free loan from KfW.
- What other aid is available? Learn more about financial aid for students
- General information about how to finance studies
- Consultation Hours by telephone BAföG consultants: Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 9 am – 11.30 am, Tuesday: 1 pm - 3 pm
- With the implementation of the university pandemic ordinance on October 14, 2020 and the corresponding adjustment of January 28, 2021 the individual standard period of study was extended by one semester for all students enrolled in the summer semester 2020 or winter semester 2020/21. BAföG recipients will therefore receive up to two semester longer BAföG. In addition, the certificate of achievement required by § 48 BAföG can be presented one or two semesters later.
- BAföG applications can be submitted online or in paper form. Printed BAföG application forms are available at the Studentenwerk Potsdam's main office, in the hallway in front of the entrance door.
Canteens and Cafeterias
- Many of our catering facilities are already limited open or closed. We ask you to act in solidarity and to observe the hygiene instructions during your visit to the canteen. More information on the reopening of the canteens and cafeterias
- The canteens at the University of Potsdam campuses in Golm and at Neues Palais offer to-go sales from 11 am to 1.30 pm. As of April 26, 2021, to eat on-site is no longer possible for the time being.
- Our Food Hopper is currently located at Studierendendorf Stahnsdorfer Straße (Potsdam-Babelsberg) and serves fresh food from Monday to Friday between 11 am and 13.30 pm. We provide information about barbecues at the different universities on our social media platforms.
- A temporary lunch counter has been set up in the Kaiser-Friedrich-Strasse 142 residence hall. From Monday to Friday between 11 a.m. and 1:30 p.m., lunch To Go can be purchased here. The menu is based on the menu offered by the Mensa am Neuen Palais.
- You are required to wear a medical mask when visiting our canteens.
- Consultation Hours by telephone: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 9 am – 11.30 am, Tuesday, Thursday: 1 pm - 3 pm
- The residence halls of the Studentenwerk remain open. Rental agreements are also still being signed. The administration and the caretakers can be contacted by phone or e-mail.
- You are entering the state of Brandenburg and have visited a risk area within 10 days before entering (see risk areas (DE))? Then you will have to go into a 10-day quarantine directly after your entry. You can provide us with a confirmation from the responsible health authority with a negative corona test result and a medical certificate? Then your quarantine period my be shortened. Please note: This test must be carried out at least five days after entry. The interim period must be spent in quarantine.
- Further information is available at: https://www.studentenwerk-potsdam.de/en/about-us/news/news-detail/corona-virus-informationen-aus-dem-bereich-wohnen/
Counselling and Job Placement
- Social counselling: Social counselling currently takes place exclusively by telephone or e-mail. Consultation hours by telephone: Monday to Friday, from 8 am to 3 pm.
- Psychosocial counselling: Please make an appointment by e-mail for a subsequent telephone consultation.
- Job placement: Job offers are still being placed. You can contact us by telephone or e-mail.
More information and links
- Corona-Info-Hotline State of Brandenburg (Monday, Wedsnesday, Friday from 9 am to 5 pm): +49 (0)331-866 5050 or via e-mail: buergeranfragen-corona[at]brandenburg.de
- Those who feel ill (Symptoms: fever, sore throat, cough) or have had contact with the Corona Virus should stay at home and can contact the stand-by duty: 116 117
- Information on the corona virus in 12 different languages, issued by the federal commissioner for integration
- Information of the Ministry of Health in Brandenburg (DE)
- Information of the experts of Robert Koch Institute
Information of the Universities in Potsdam, Brandenburg an der Havel and Wildau