The Studentenwerk Potsdam is there for students during the Corona Pandemic. On this page, we provide information about financial aid, consultation hours, and special hygiene measures in our canteens and cafeterias.
- We do not offer personal consultation (BAföG, housing, social counselling, psychosocial counselling, job placement, cash desk) and our headquarters will remain closed to the public until further notice.
- The departments can still be reached by telephone and e-mail. Please send e-mail inquiries to the functional mailboxes. (Housing: wohnen[at]studentenwerk-potsdam.de ; BAföG: bafoeg[at]studentenwerk-potsdam.de ; Catering: verpflegung[at]studentenwerk-potsdam.de ; Service Point: service-point[at]studentenwerk-potsdam.de ;Social counselling: soziales[at]studentenwerk-potsdam.de ; Psychosocial counselling: psb[at]studentenwerk-potsdam.de ; Job placement: jobs[at]studentenwerk-potsdam.de)
Student Financing / Financial aids
- The federal government's interim financial aid can be applied for November 2020 until March 2021. The application takes place exclusively on-line over the portal www.überbrückungshilfe-studierende.de. We strongly recommend that you read the FAQs posted on our website in advance.
- The interim financial aid could be applied for the months of June, July, August and September. How many applications for bridging aid had been received by the Studentenwerk Potsdam? The evaluation gives an overview
- International students can apply for a temporary interest-free loan from KfW.
- General information about how to finance studies
- Consultation Hours by telephone BAföG consultants: Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 9 am – 11.30 am, Tuesday: 1 pm - 3 pm
- With the implementation of the university pandemic ordinance on October 14, 2020 and the corresponding adjustment of January 28, 2021 the individual standard period of study was extended by one semester for all students enrolled in the summer semester 2020 or winter semester 2020/21. BAföG recipients will therefore receive up to two semester longer BAföG. In addition, the certificate of achievement required by § 48 BAföG can be presented one or two semesters later.
- BAföG applications can be submitted online or in paper form. Printed BAföG application forms are available at the Studentenwerk Potsdam's main office, in the hallway in front of the entrance door.
Canteens and Cafeterias
- The canteens at the University of Potsdam campuses in Golm and at Neues Palais offer to-go sales from 11 am to 1 pm. It is also possible to eat on site.
- Our Food Hopper is currently located at Studierendendorf Stahnsdorfer Straße (Potsdam-Babelsberg) and serves fresh food from Monday to Friday between 11 am and 13.30 pm.
- As of Monday, January 25th, you are required to wear a medical mask when visiting our canteens.
- Many of our catering facilities are already open in wintersemester 2020/21. We ask you to act in solidarity and to observe the hygiene instructions during your visit to the canteen. More information on the reopening of the canteens and cafeterias
- Consultation Hours by telephone: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 9 am – 11.30 am, Tuesday, Thursday: 1 pm - 3 pm
- The residence halls of the Studentenwerk remain open. Rental agreements are also still being signed. The administration and the caretakers can be contacted by phone or e-mail.
- You have applied for a place in a student residence for the winter semester and are now waiting for an offer? Since the dates for enrollment at the universities have partly been postponed and the lecture period sometimes starts later, our offers can also be sent out later. Please be patient a little longer.
- You are entering the state of Brandenburg and have visited a risk area within 10 days before entering (see risk areas (DE))? Then you will have to go into a 10-day quarantine directly after your entry. You can provide us with a confirmation from the responsible health authority with a negative corona test result and a medical certificate? Then your quarantine period my be shortened. Please note: This test must be carried out at least five days after entry. The interim period must be spent in quarantine.
- Further information is available at: https://www.studentenwerk-potsdam.de/en/about-us/news/news-detail/corona-virus-informationen-aus-dem-bereich-wohnen/
Counselling and Job Placement
- Social counselling: Social counselling currently takes place exclusively by telephone or e-mail. Consultation hours by telephone: Monday to Friday, from 8 am to 3 pm.
- Psychosocial counselling: Please make an appointment by e-mail for a subsequent telephone consultation.
- Job placement: Job offers are still being placed. You can contact us by telephone or e-mail.
More information and links
- Corona-Info-Hotline State of Brandenburg (Monday, Wedsnesday, Friday from 9 am to 5 pm): +49 (0)331-866 5050 or via e-mail: buergeranfragen-corona[at]brandenburg.de
- Those who feel ill (Symptoms: fever, sore throat, cough) or have had contact with the Corona Virus should stay at home and can contact the stand-by duty: 116 117
- Information on the corona virus in 12 different languages, issued by the federal commissioner for integration
- Information of the Ministry of Health in Brandenburg (DE)
- Information of the experts of Robert Koch Institute
Information of the Universities in Potsdam, Brandenburg an der Havel and Wildau