The Studentenwerk Potsdam is there for students during the Corona Pandemic. On this page, we provide information about financial aid, consultation hours, and special hygiene measures in our canteens and cafeterias.
- The departments can be reached primarily by telephone and e-mail. We do not offer on-site consultation (BAföG, housing, social counselling, psychosocial counselling, job placement, cash desk) and our headquarters will remain closed to the public until further notice.
- There are numerous vaccination options in Potsdam, Brandenburg an der Havel and Wildau, some of them directly on the university campus.
Student Financing / Financial aids
- What student funding and support options are available? Learn more about student financial aid and general information about student funding during the Corona pandemic.
- (International) students can apply for a loan from KfW.
- The federal government's interim financial aid could be applied for the last time at the end of September 2021.
- Consultation Hours by telephone BAföG consultants: Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 9 am – 11.30 am, Tuesday: 1 pm - 3 pm
- General BAföG consultation by phone: Tuesday: 9 - 11 am | Thursday: 1 -3 pm
- With the implementation of the university pandemic ordinance on October 14, 2020 and the corresponding adjustments the individual standard period of study was extended by one semester for all students enrolled in the summer semester 2020 and winter semester 2020/21 or summer semester 2021 and winter semester 2021/22. BAföG recipients will therefore receive up to four semesters longer BAföG. In addition, the certificate of achievement required by § 48 BAföG can be presented up to four semesters later.
- BAföG applications can be submitted online or in paper form. Printed BAföG application forms are available at the Studentenwerk Potsdam's main office, in the hallway in front of the entrance door.
Canteens and Cafeterias
- Most canteens are currently open from 11 a.m. - 2.30 p.m. However, we are extending our opening hours step by step. The cafeterias will also reopen one by one. We ask you to act in solidarity and to pay attention to the hygiene instructions during your visit to the canteen. More information on the opening of the canteens and cafeterias
- You are required to wear a medical mask when visiting our canteens. 3G proof is not required (vaccinated, tested or recovered).
- We recommend visiting the Mensa before noon or after 1 pm due to limited seating capacity. The "Best time for Mensa!" chart knows when it's less busy.
- The administration and the caretakers can be contacted by phone or e-mail.
- Consultation Hours by telephone: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 9 am – 11.30 am, Tuesday, Thursday: 1 pm - 3 pm
- The Ordinance on Coronavirus Entry Regulations (Coronavirus-Einreiseverordnung – CoronaEinreiseV) regulates a uniform, nation-wide obligation to register, quarantine and furnish proof, as well as a ban on carriage from areas of variants of concern. You are entering the state of Brandenburg and have visited a risk area or virus variant area within 10 days before entering (see risk areas (DE))? Then you will have to go into a 10-day or 14 day quarantine (virus variant area)directly after your entry. Ending quarantine in the case of high-risk areas: Home quarantine can be ended early by submitting proof of vaccination or recovery or a negative test result via the upload portal of the Digital Registration on Entry. Quarantine ends the moment such proof is submitted. If proof of recovery or vaccination is already submitted before entry, no quarantine is necessary. When a test result is transmitted, the test may not have been conducted earlier than five days after entry. You cannot quarantine in the hall of residence!
Counselling and Job Placement
- Social counselling: Social counselling currently takes place by telephone, e-mail or - NEW - video. Consultation hours by telephone: Monday to Friday, from 8 am to 3 pm.
- Psychosocial counselling: The counselling currently takes place by telephone, e-mail or - NEW - video. Please make an appointment by e-mail for a consultation.
- Job placement: Job offers are being placed. You can contact us by telephone or e-mail. Consultation hours by telephone: Monday to Friday, from 8 am to 3 pm.
More information and links
- General information from the state of Brandenburg on dealing with the Corona pandemic (DE)
- Those who feel ill (Symptoms: fever, sore throat, cough) or have had contact with the Corona Virus should stay at home and can contact the stand-by duty: 116 117
- Information on the corona virus in 12 different languages, issued by the federal commissioner for integration
- Information of the Ministry of Health in Brandenburg (DE)
Information of the Universities in Potsdam, Brandenburg an der Havel and Wildau