We are currently taking measures to contain the corona virus – therefore many processes are adapted to the new situation. This means that we cannot be there for you in person, but you can still get in touch with us by phone or e-mail. We apologize fort he inconveniences caused. We will keep you up to date on this topic here.
- The catering facilities of the Studentenwerk will open gradually from 12.05.2020. Please wear a mouth and nose protection when entering our dining facilities. At present, it is not possible to eat in large groups on site. More information on the reopening of the canteens and cafeterias
- We do not offer personal consultation (BAföG, housing, social counselling, psychosocial counselling, job placement, cash desk) and our headquarters will remain closed to the public until further notice.
- The contributions to the Studentenwerk ("Studentenwerksbeitrag") are a social contribution and have to be paid. Read more
- The departments can still be reached by telephone and e-mail. Please send e-mail inquiries to the functional mailboxes. (Housing: wohnen[at]studentenwerk-potsdam.de ; BAföG: bafoeg[at]studentenwerk-potsdam.de ; Catering: verpflegung[at]studentenwerk-potsdam.de ; Service Point: service-point[at]studentenwerk-potsdam.de ;Social counselling: soziales[at]studentenwerk-potsdam.de ; Psychosocial counselling: psb[at]studentenwerk-potsdam.de ; Job placement: jobs[at]studentenwerk-potsdam.de )
- Since 16 June, the Corona bridging aid can be applied for onlin: more information on the bridging assistance
- The federal government (BMBF) announced an emergency aid programme for students. International students can apply for the a temporary interest-free loan from KfW from 1 June.
- General information about how to finance studies
- Students entitled to BAföG do not suffer any disadvantages due to the postponement of attendance courses. Further information is available at: https://www.studentenwerk-potsdam.de/en/about-us/news/news-detail/corona-virus-keine-nachteile-fuer-bafoeg-berechtigte-studierende/
- BAföG follow-up applications for the winter semester must be submitted by the end of June or the end of July – online or in paper form. Printed BAföG application forms are available at the Studentenwerk Potsdam's main office, in the hallway in front of the entrance door.
- The residence halls of the Studentenwerk remain open. Rental agreements are also still being signed. The administration and the caretakers can be contacted by phone or e-mail. Further information is available at: https://www.studentenwerk-potsdam.de/en/about-us/news/news-detail/corona-virus-informationen-aus-dem-bereich-wohnen/
- We still have vacant dorms for the summer semester 2020. Read more
Counselling and Job Placement
- Social counselling: Social counselling currently takes place exclusively by telephone or e-mail. Consultation hours: Monday to Friday, from 8 am to 3 pm.
- Psychosocial counselling: Please make an appointment by e-mail for a subsequent telephone consultation. Consultation hours: Tuesday to Friday, from 9 am to 1 pm.
- Job placement: Job offers are still being placed. You can contact us by telephone or e-mail.
More information and links
- Corona-Info-Hotline State of Brandenburg (Mondya-Fridya from 9am to 3 pm): +49 (0)331-8683 777
- Those who feel ill (Symptoms: fever, sore throat, cough) or have had contact with the Corona Virus should stay at home and can contact the stand-by duty: 116 117
- Information on the corona virus in 12 different languages, issued by the federal commissioner for integration
- Information of the Ministry of Health in Brandenburg (DE)
- Information of the experts of Robert Koch Institute
Information of the Universities in Potsdam, Brandenburg an der Havel and Wildau