Whether you have worries during your studies or private problems - we support you in difficult life situations. Our consultants are there for you and also inform you about the possibilities of therapeutic support.
Personal on-site appointments can be made during office hours. Current office hours in the Studentenwerk Potsdam are Tuesday 9 am - 12 p.m. and 1 pm - 4 pm and Thursday 1 pm - 4 pm. Alternatively, there is the option of a telephone consultation as well as a video call consultation via the certified provider Red Medical.
To make an appointment, you can reach us by e-mail or telephone. Please indicate which way you would like to be advised (on-site at the Studentenwerk, by phone or video call).
In which cases do we offer help?
The offer is aimed at all students of the following universities:
Our psychosocial counselling services are here to support students, who struggle with study-related difficulties as well as personal problems.
You may be wondering whether your problem is "big enough" to get counselling at all. Don't worry about that. You can come to us with all the problems that concern you.
No, bringing your student ID is not necessary.
Nobody. The conversations are strictly confidential and subject to the obligation of secrecy.
Yes, we offer consultation in German and in English.
We usually reserve 50 minutes for a personal consultation.
At the Psychosocial Counseling Service, personal appointments can currently be made again on site during office hours. Current office hours in the Studentwerk are Tuesday 9 am - 12 am and 1 pm - 4 pm and Thursday 1 pm - 4 pm.
Counseling is also available by phone or video call, primarily Monday through Friday between 10 am and 2 pm. Other appointments are possible by appointment. Please arrange a consultation appointment with us, gladly by e-mail.
In some cases, even the first meeting can be helpful to clarify the situation and find solutions. If necessary, follow-up meetings can be arranged with us. We also inform you about options such as psychotherapy.
No, we can only offer counselling. If psychotherapy is an option for you, we can inform you about the conditions and possibilities.
We take the protection of your private data very seriously, i.e. we treat the data entrusted to us in strict confidence in accordance with the applicable data protection regulations and handle it responsibly. Therefore, we would like to inform you here about how we implement data protection regulations at the Studentenwerk Potsdam and which personal data we process for the services in the social counselling.
1. Name and contact details of the data controller and the company data protection officer
The Studentenwerk Potsdam, Babelsberger Straße 02, 14473 Potsdam (referred to as “we” in the text), is the controller in the sense of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Our company data protection officer can be contacted at the above address, Attn. Mr. Duckerschein, or can be reached at email@example.com.
2. Collection and storage of personal data and the nature, purpose and use thereof
We process personal data related to our psychosocial counselling services. This can be general data about you (such as name, address, contact details, marital status, professional qualifications) or special personal data (such as information about your state of health) that you provide to us for the purpose of receiving counselling.
We only process your personal data for the fulfilment of the public tasks assigned to us in accordance with § 81 Para. 3 of the Brandenburg Higher Education Act (BbgHG) for preventive health care, care or treatment in the health or social sector and for general advice and information. The processing is based on the following legal grounds:
The legal basis for the processing of your personal data is Art. 6 Para. 1 lit e) GDPR. According to this provision, the processing of personal data by public bodies is permissible if it is necessary for the performance of the task covered by the competence of the controller or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller. Furthermore, data processing is carried out on the basis of your consent (Art. 6 Para. 1 a) GDPR) in the context of preventive health care or care or treatment in the health and social sector (§ 22 Para. 1 No. 1 b) Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG)) or to fulfil a legal obligation (Art. 6 Para. 1 c) GDPR).
Should the data be required for any legal action after the conclusion of the procedures, data processing may be carried out on the basis of the requirements of Art. 6 GDPR, in particular to safeguard legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f) GDPR. Our interest then consists of asserting or defending claims.
According to Art. 6 Para. 1 P. 1 lit. c GDPR, we may store your data for up to 10 years due to tax and commercial law retention and documentation obligations as well as professional retention periods.
To conduct social counseling and psychosocial counseling via video telephony, we use the tool "Red Connect". This tool is a service of RED Medical Systems GmbH for online meetings. During video counseling, in addition to the above-mentioned personal data (name, e-mail), the IP address and metadata of the meeting (appointments, resources (device information), access code) are processed. Image and telephone data are optional. Audio and video content are only processed during the respective online meeting. Date, time and duration of the video consultation are not stored by us but only locally at your site. Recordings do not take place unless you were actively informed of this before the start of the video consultation and have agreed to this in writing.
3. Passing on data
Your personal data will not be transferred to third parties. Internal bodies shall only be granted access to data for which they are responsible for processing or within the scope of their tasks. Furthermore, personal data is processed on our behalf on the basis of contracts pursuant to Art. 28 GDPR, which ensure that the data processing is carried out in a permissible manner. A transfer to a third country does not take place and is not intended.
4. Your rights
You have the right to:
• revoke your consent at any time in accordance with Art. 7 Para. 3 GDPR. This has the consequence that we may no longer continue the data processing based on this consent for the future;
• request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR;
• demand the correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us without delay in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR;
• request the erasure of your personal data stored by us in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, unless the processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims;
• request the restriction of the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR, insofar as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you object to its erasure and we no longer require the data, but you need it for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims or you have objected to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
• receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request the transfer to another controller in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR; and
• file a complaint to a supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or workplace or our company headquarters for this purpose; and
• object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR, provided that your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 Sent. 1 lit. f GDPR and there are grounds for your objection that arise from your particular situation.
5. Necessity of providing personal data
The provision of personal data is neither mandatory nor are you obliged to provide it. The provision of your data is, however, necessary for optimal and tailor-made counselling for you.
6. No automated decision making
There is no automated decision making in individual cases within the meaning of Art. 22 GDPR.
Please arrange a consultation appointment in advance by e-mail. The consultation can take place in person on site, by telephone or by video consultation via the certified provider "Red Connect". If you would like to use this option, please indicate this when you first contact us.