Combining work and study

Our job placement service supports you

  • We help you find the right job – come and visit us during our office hours!
  • Do you have questions regarding the social security insurance or would you like to know, if an additional income affects your BAföG? Our Social Counselling Services provide the information needed.
  • Are you an international student and have questions concerning the social security card or your tax ID? Our social counsellor is happy to help you!

1. Study at one of our universities
If you are studying at one of the following universities, you can use our services:

  • University of Potsdam
  • Film University Babelsberg KONRAD WOLF
  • Fachhochschule Potsdam
  • Technische Hochschule Brandenburg
  • Technische Hochschule Wildau

2. Register online

  •  Fill in the registration form (DE).
  • Required documents: current certificate of enrolment, copy of student card, work permit for international students


Do you have questions about your registration?
We will gladly help both in person and over phone.

Tuesdays: 9am – 12 and 1 pm – 6pm
Thursdays: 9am – 12 and 1 pm – 4pm

If you have problems with your online-application, feel free to contact us.

3. Search for your student job
Once we have all the information we need, you can look for suitable spare-time jobs on our job portal. You will receive the employer’s contact by email (Vermittlungsschein) and then you are ready to apply. We wish you the best of luck in your job search!

4. Feedback wanted

We want to continuously improve our service and we also want to know whether you successfully applied for jobs! We would be delighted to know how your job search is going. Send us a brief feedback to this email address: Jobs[at]

5. Unsubscribe from the job portal
Please send us a current certificate of enrolment at the beginning of each new semester. Otherwise your data will be deleted automatically from our system. If you are still looking for a student job, you will have to re-register with us.

The more details you give us, the better we can arrange jobs for you. The data provided will be collected and stored exclusively for the purposes of the job placement. We will not disclose your data to third parties.

You quit studying? Please inform us about your exmatriculation. Your data will then be deleted from our system.

Social security insurance, income tax, labour law?
You will find detailed information about these topics on the following websites:

  • Health insurance card
  • Tax identification number
  • Social insurance card
  • Bank details
  • Identity card/passport with residence permit, if applicable
  • References and work samples (if asked for by the employer)

Jobs on a fee basis require a separate tax number.

I am not an EU/ EEA citizen

You can work for 120 full days or 240 half-days without having to obtain permission. Activities that exceed this limit need to be coordinated with the Foreigners Office and the Employment Agency.

Scientific or student assistant activities are allowed for an unlimited period of time. But they should be discussed with the Foreigners Office in advance as well.

Self-employment is only possible in exceptional cases and only to a limited extent, e.g. in terms of activities as interpreter or language teacher.

Internships also count as regular work
- even if the internship unpaid! Exceptions are compulsory internships, which are a mandatory part of your studies.

If it is not a compulsory internship, every day of the internship will be deducted from your 120-day credit. You will need the approval of the Immigration Office and the Employment Agency for an internship if you have already worked 120 days.

Do you attend a language course or are you part of the Studienkolleg program? Then you may only work under these following conditions:

  • The work is in the lecture-free time
  • You have an agreement from the Immigration Office and the Employment Agency

Our student job placement will help you find out what your options are during a personal consultation.

I am an EU/EEA citizen

You have free access to the German labour market.


Roswitha Körber
Student job placement
room: 4.21
+49 331 3706-251
Babelsberger Straße 2